Coronavirus is highly contagious with no cure or vaccine. Everyone is at risk of contracting Coronavirus (COVID-19), and the best way to protect yourself, family, friends, and community is to slow the spread of the infection.
We are an online platform designed to give you easy access to free medical and mental health services and information to reduce the spread of infection. National Coronavirus Hotline is built, launched, and managed by the Pandemics Project, a community project led by LiveEdu Inc. The Pandemics Project is building a 21st-century global infrastructure for pandemics. Our goal is to reach every corner of the world, near and far.
Coronavirus is not going away, and the infection continues to grow. There are over 5 million confirmed cases of Coronavirus in the United States, and nearly 22 million confirmed cases globally. The global death toll nears 800,000 with 171,000 deaths confirmed in the United States alone. Though researchers work to develop a vaccine, there is no guarantee that the vaccine will work for everyone, or become available to everyone. For comparison, the flu vaccine reduces the risk of flu illness 40% to 60% of the time in those who receive it. Assuming the Coronavirus is effective in 50% of the population, there will remain a huge proportion of the population in need of continued protection from Coronavirus through social distancing and avoidance of the infection. Additionally, the development of a Coronavirus vaccine comes with significant cost. Early reports from vaccine-makers estimate the price of treatment could range from $3,120 (for a five-day course of treatment) to $227 per dose. The vaccine will not be affordable for everyone, and production will take time to ramp up.
A Coronavirus vaccine is one part of the strategy to reduce the risk of the virus, but it is just one part. Humans must continue to learn how to live with Coronavirus and in a pandemic, and the National Coronavirus Hotline seeks to support those efforts. In the short and long term, reducing the rate of Coronavirus infection is ten times cheaper and easier than reliance on a vaccine. National Coronavirus Hotline seeks to provide the public with free professional services and information to support the reduction of the Coronavirus by a factor of 10x.
Services available from National Coronavirus Hotline:
- Telemedicine. Jump on a video call with coronavirus doctors from the comfort, safety, and convenience of your home. Assess your symptoms, determine if you need a COVID test, and get medical advice on how to take care of yourself or your loved ones who are sick.
- Mental Health Service. Talk with licensed mental health professionals from the safety of your home. Stress, worry, and anxiety are normal feelings during these uncertain times. You may be feeling depressed, lonely, uncertain, or afraid. It’s important to care for your mental health as much as your physical health, and a licensed therapist can help.
- Disinfection Service. Disinfection slows the spread. Do you know the difference between cleaning and disinfecting? Professional disinfection is an important step to kill viruses that have been introduced to your home. National Coronavirus Hotline can provide you with valuable tips about disinfecting your space, as well as help you to book professional disinfection services.
- Education for Infected Patients. You have been diagnosed with Coronavirus. Or a member of your household has been diagnosed. Now what? National Coronavirus Hotline gives you free access to news, advice, content, and tips from public health and medical experts on managing your symptoms, limiting the spread of the virus to others, and quarantining correctly.
- Prevention Education. Everyone wants to avoid contracting the Coronavirus. Do you know what steps to take to protect yourself and your family from infection? Review tips, direction, and best practices from public health experts, always free of charge.
- Track Infection Cases. Are you living in a Coronavirus hot spot? Use National Coronavirus Hotline to track COVID cases in your city by zip code. Stay up to date about the risk in your community so you can take appropriate steps to protect yourself and your family.
National Coronavirus Hotline is for EVERYONE, and services are FREE of charge to eligible users. There are four layers of eligibility for free services on NCH depending on whether you are a US citizen, Non-US citizen with green card, Non-US citizen with visa or Undocumented. The type of funding NCH has available at a particular period for providing these free services determines who is eligible for free services. Access the site online or by phone on the dedicated hotline.
National Coronavirus Hotline will be rolling out services in Los Angeles initially. After the Los Angeles rollout, we plan to launch services in San Francisco, Arizona, Nevada, Texas, Florida, and New York. You can sign up for early access to content and notification of new launches at nationalcoronavirushotline.com.
Interested in partnering with National Coronavirus Hotline as a service provider? Contact us at [email protected].