- Go to Myturn.ca.gov and fill out the questions to see if you qualify at this time
2. If you qualify you can input your zip code to find all vaccination sites near your location as well as which vaccine is being given at that location. (Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson)
3. After clicking on “See Availability you can choose a day/time that works best for you. (Note: Some locations have you make appointments for both doses of the vaccine ahead of time rather than having to manually make an appointment for the second dose after receiving the first dose.
4. You would then have to fill out the “Personal and Contact Information” section with your name, DOB, email, etc., and answer a list of questions.
5. Once the appointment is confirmed you would print out and sign the consent form that you receive via email and bring a valid photo ID, insurance card, and Medi-Cal card (if applicable) to the appointment.
6. After arriving at your vaccination site, you will sign in by handing in your consent form and showing your photo ID, insurance card, and Medi-Cal card (if applicable).
7. After receiving the vaccine, you will usually be asked to stay in the area for 15 minutes to make sure you don’t have any sort of reaction to the vaccine. You will also receive a Covid-19 Vaccination card that you will show for your second dose (if you got Pfizer or Moderna).
8. You may experience some drowsiness on the day after receiving the vaccine as well as some slight arm pain. Avoid working out for the day after you receive the vaccine.